For additional information please contact us via email, or phone 518-486-7921. There is no charge for this program. Reservations are requested – please use contact information above.
NYS County Animal Response Team Conference
April 9, 2007
This conference is designed to provide NYS County Animal Response Team members with information on planning, zoonotic diseases, animal handling, decontamination, legal issues, ICS, search and rescue, wildlife rehabilitation, pet-friendly sheltering, information tracking and more.
- To develop and enhance local capabilities to shelter, evacuate, and transport pets and service animals before, during, and after a disaster.
- To recruit potential volunteers for County Animal Response Teams through widespread distribution of conference materials.
- To assess potential feasibility of online educational programs to support CART training
- To promote the public-private partnerships of the Empire State Animal Response Team.
- To identify the role of the CART in the local Incident Command System.
- Legal Issues
- Handling & Restraint
- Infection Control for Shelters
- Community of Hillsborough Agriculture and Animal Response Team
- Avoiding Dog Bites
- NYS Emergency Management
- Why Plan for Pets and the 10-Step Emergency Planning Process
- Wildlife Rehabilitator's Role
- Information Tracking
Flyers: PDF Format
Who Should Attend:
Members of NYS County Animal Response Teams (CART) or individuals who are interested in joining a CART.
These projects are supported under a cooperative agreement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Grant number U90/CCU224249-02. The contents of this program do not necessarily represent the official views of the CDC.